Sunday, August 15, 2010

Pictures At An Exhibition


My exhibition in Hervey Bay remains open for one more week. Below are some images from the opening. Photographed beautifully by Phil Syme.


Untitled (raccoon), 2000

Describing the changes in my work as a result of moving to Australia in 1999.
BEFORE THE MIRROR, 1998
WHEN MEMORY FAILS, 1996
A VOYAGER'S DREAM OF LAND, 1999/2005
Peering into THE HIDDEN ROOM, 1995
Discussing the digital work.
One of several collaborative pieces in the show, here's a detail of a neckpiece made with found object pioneer Bob Ebendorf.
A wearable book collaboration with book artist Dan Essig.
Explaining how I began making found object work.
THE AERIAL OCEAN (MAY IT WATCH OVER YOU), 2009

 
A moment with my family - partner Irena and our three kids - Mira, Audrey and Miles.

 
Spoonfed, 2009
 
 The Pearl that Worldlings Covet. 2006

 
Examining THE INNER SIGHT, 2009

 
 An homage to Melville and Moby Dick, untitled (pipe), 2005

 
 My dear friend, book artist extraordinaire Adele Outteridge.

 
THE PARADISE OF FOOLS, a 1997 collaboration with glass artist Sally Prasch.

 
untitled (nautical instrument), 1996

Two Sides of History, 2009

 
A collaborative brooch made with luminary basket artist Dorothy Gill Barnes from 1997, surrounded by a whimsical neckpiece I made that year using actual lobster antennae as chain links.

 
 Demonstrating my new piece, POETICAL MODESTY, in action.

To hear the floor talks pictured above, and to see video of the exhibition itself, a new hour-long DVD of the event is available here. (and a preview of the DVD can be found on YouTube here)

I'll be back to posting some new in-progress work as I get myself back into the studio later this week.

Thanks for visiting!

Keith

6 comments:

  1. Amazing Keith. What an enormous amount of work on display. Congrats on such an outstanding exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A feast for the eye...and my creative spirit! I so admire your gift for original creative verve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely fantastic Keith! there is so much tender loving care in all of your work! thank you (and also to Phil), for providing such beautiful photos of your exhibition....I would have loved to have been able to walk around in person, however, this was not possible...... this 'blog show'is the next best thing!
    I'll be looking out for your new creations in good time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to a great exhibition! So many fantastic pieces. Really love your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mazel Tov, Keith!!! Beautiful work - Reva (Los Angeles)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an extraordinary exhibit. It is really wonderful to see so much of your work in one place and in one post!

    ReplyDelete